CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009 New Year, New Car

Can it really be 2009, already? Seriously, where has the time gone. It just seems like a couple years back we were all anxiously awaiting the clock to strike midnight and it would be the new millineum. Would the power grid shut down, would the computers stop working, would the banks lose all our money, would the airplanes fall out of the sky? Those were some of the big questions...but like every where the clock struck midnight and nothing happened. The lights didn't even flicker. So hear we are 8 years later which fly by at rapid speed!

I started the year off by looking at cars. I decided that it was time to invest in a car with less miles than my Passat. I have been wanting to purchase a new car for the last year or so...but, just couldn't bite the bullet. I really didn't want to be committed to a car payment. I loved having my car paid off the only problem was everytime I had to make a repair to my car it was like making 3 car payments and it was getting often enough that it was time. The other problem has been my pride. I have LOVED my Passat because it had all the bells and whistles. So, when I would drive other cars I didn't like them as much. I wanted a car with lower miles, with all the features for around $10,000. Yeah, I discovered that pretty much wasn't going to happen.
So on January 1st of 2009, I let my pride go and I ended up purchasing a 2006 Toyota Camry. I felt like I got a pretty good deal since I was able to talk them down $4,000 off the asking price. It has everything that I need: power windows and locks, cruise control, CD player. I don't really need the leather seats and seat warmers, although I did LOVE my seat warmers in the winter months. But, I feel like this will be a reliable car that will last a long time and will cost less to repair when I get to that point. I did purchase the warranty that covers my car for the next 4 years and will pay for most of my maintenance costs. The best part of this purchase is that I will not have to buy premium gas anymore! HOORAY!!!!

Now I get to go through the agony of selling the car. I guess if all else fails I can make a trip to car max and sell it to them.

I will post pictures of the car once I get the icy snow off of it. :)

3 comments:

Warren and Kristen Jones said...

good job in talking those car salesmen down. Warren was talking to me about Tundra's again today. How it is a good time to buy since the dealerships are so anxious to sell cars with the way the economy is. :}

Duludes said...

Well I too am impressed with you talking them down $4000 that is impressive. I think you made a good choice with the Camry it should do last you a long time. I can't wait to see a picture of it. Good luck with selling your Passat. Oh Yeah Happy New Year!!!
P.S. I think Joel is missing all of your good cooking. Way to make me look bad.

Michelle said...

Congrats on the new wheels. Sorry for calling your old car a jetta on facebook. :) I had no idea it was a passat. I've never been good at identifying VWs.

You'll love having a Toyota. That is the only kind of car we really love. Very reliable!!