I have to say that I do enjoy conference weekend. It isn't because I get to stay in comfy clothes while I am spirtually uplifted. I enjoy the talks and seeing how applicable the messages are for me in my life and those I know that are going through struggles or special circumstances. It is so amazing how inspired the leaders of the church are. It is so amazing how Heavenly Father does speak to us in this day through his chosen prophet and apostles. I loved the messages of hope and joy that were given. I love how Pres. Ukdorf is able to relate to all people becuase of his life experiences. I loved the talk given by the YW general president. I think it is so cool that they are putting a temple in Rome, wow!
On a side note...here is an update on things in my life right now.
Everything that I have heard about the relief society retreat has been wonderful reviews. Everyone seemed to have a great time. I have asked people what their favorite part was. Many have said different parts, which means that everything that we planned was meant for the different sisters. Many people have requested that this becomes a tradition and some have even asked for it to be a bi-annual thing. News flash we have quarterly enrichment meetings maybe they should just come to those. Oops did I say that out loud? Anyways, the hard work definately paid off even though I was not there to enjoy it myself. If you want to hear an amazing program about the 10 virgins and how to correlate that parable in to your life you must get this CD. We performed the program at the retreat and it sounds like many people were very touched by the message.
http://www.byubookstore.com/ePOS/form=robots/item.html&item_number=6-87747-180-6&store=439&design=439Work, wow this is going to take some adjustment! It is so very different from what I know and love. I have a lot of flexibility which is pretty nice. I don't have to feel rushed to get to work at 8:00. But, it seems that a lot of my job will be visiting people to develop relationships, hoping that will lead to sales. That does seem strange to me as that doesn't seem like work to me. I am the type of person that likes to see progress that is measurable as I work on stuff...it is a little difficult to do that with this job. I did finally get my business cards this week and email. So now I feel a little better prepared to make visits and present myself to people. I would like to have some more training under my belt on the products, but I guess that is going to take some time. It is strange to have to go and find my own leads...I hope I can do that.
A little more then a week ago Tiffani left to go to Argentina's MTC. She is with two other American sisters down there and they are the first American sisters at the MTC.

My back yard is in full bloom with wild flowers. I planted one of those seed mats in my backyard
and I have a million of these little pink flowers taking up a quarter of my yard. They are super tall too...probably 5 and a half feet tall. I love them! They have almost taken over my onions. You can also see a small portion of the spagetti squash plant that has taken over the rest of the yard. It has even grown up and over the tomato plants!
Oh, in my sadness of missing the RS retreat I forgot to mention that the coed softball team that I play on took 1st place in our tournament and league! Hip Hip Hooray for smushballs!
3 comments:
Yes those cute pink flowers are great for filling in space they are called cosmos. I'm suprised that there wasn't any white in the mix. I think next year you should add some poppies and bachelor buttons to the mix oh and maybe some black-eyed susans. As for the cosmos you most likely will have some return next year on there own. My mother in-law has them all trough out her roses.
Kim, I really think that you can make alot of friends (I mean contacts) by making them loaves of bread. If they are really nice back and order things from you, you can throw in some freezer jam with the bread. I would be terrible at that job. Your flowers are beautiful! Good job on your garden and flower garden this year!
Smushballs...ahhhhh...simply the best!
Thank you for all you do and have done for Tiffani.
Post a Comment