So a few weeks ago I headed out my door to work. As I opened the door I found an invitation taped to it, informing me that I have been invited to the annual grand witches council. We needed to RSVP to Wanda the witches email and let her know if we would be in attendance. We would be divided up into teams and we would have clues that would lead us to different places where we would gather ingredients for the witches brew. Once we completed all of our clues we would find out who Wanda the witch was.
Well, it sounded like a fun party and it didn't require a halloween costume. WHEW! I am just not one that gets into dressing up in costumes. I did however, forget to RSVP by the deadline. I emailed Wanda and pleaded my case for being tardy...but received no response.
On Thursday of last week I was asked by my neighbor if I was going and I said I wasn't sure if I was allowed. She told me her husband couldn't go so I could go in his place. It was all settled.
We showed up at the park at the appointed time and found out what teams we were on. We got our first clue and headed off to the races...we about had an accident leaving the parking lot. The clues lead us within a 6 mile radius of our starting point. One of the clues took us to the ice cream shop at thanksgiving point where we were all given ice cream along with our clue...that was so nice of Wanda! Everyone had the clues in different orders so we were not following each other around.
Let's just say my team was a bit challenged...for some reason we had a hard time solving one of our clues. This put us way behind everyone else. We then arrived at the most difficult clue after dark and this made it impossible to find the clue. How in the world are you supposed to find a clue in the dark by a river? But, we did have quite the adventure searching for this clue. We were going very fast down the road and hit the railroad tracks and caught air. The car was driven into a ditch, which we had to lift up the bumper so we could reverse out. Then we were almost hit by a car. Hailey lost her shoes in the mud...they were sucked off her feet.
Everyone had been at the house waiting for us and after an hour they decided to call and tell us to just come to the house.
It was a fun time! I am sure we looked funny, grown adults running through thanksgiving point on date night, racing down the streets like mad men, people running all over looking for clues under bushes, in trees etc. Everyone guessing who Wanda the witch was...I guess several people thought I was Wanda.
Anyway...I would highly recommend this party idea for anyone wanting to through a halloween bash that takes you back to your teenage days of participating in scavenger hunts.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Grand Witches Council
Posted by Kim at 7:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
So who was Wanda the witch? Sounds like a blast. Joel and I are going to the corn maze tomorrow I'm sure it wont be as fun as yours was.
Oh my gosh!! That sounds so fun! Oh those Utahns are so creative!!
You would make a good Wanda!!! The creative side, not the witchy side.
Thanks for the clarification, Kristen! Wanda ended up being my neighbor down the street Jessica Cannon...I am not sure if anyone had suspected them.
Post a Comment