This is my last week of no work. I will start my job officially on Monday the 29th. I will be working at an office furniture dealership in downtown Salt Lake, called MBI. I will be a sales person and if I can get design projects then I will do some design.
This will definately be a new challenge for me as I will be responsible to develop accounts and to work these accounts to get sales. They will give me two accounts that are fairly consistent and stable. The first is UVU (used to be known as UVSC) and SLCC (Salt Lake Community College). I will also have the Wells Fargo account, which I know well. So, hopefully these will give me a good start.
It will be somewhat stressful as I have to sell quite a bit every month before I start earning commisions...and things will be really tight until those kick in. It is a good thing that I have followed the prophet and I have my food storage. It is a good thing that I found my freezer on Craig's list so that I could use my coupons and stock up on meats, frozen veggies, make jam, freezer meals etc. It is a good thing I still have money on my cafe gift card and I can get many more meals to go in my freezer. It is a good thing I didn't end up buying a car when I REALLY wanted to and so I don't have a car payment. Wow, when you count your blessings things don't look so bad.
I just want to thank each of you for your love and concern that you have shown to me these last few weeks. I have recieved more phone calls then I usually do, with people checking in on me to see how I am doing. You guys are the BEST! I am grateful for a wonderful family and fantastic friends.
Monday, September 22, 2008
New Job
Posted by Kim at 4:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Great Post. I think some of my favorite post of people is when they show there gratitude for anything and everything. I'm grateful for you being my one of my big sisters that leads by good example in following the prophet and being prepared. It dose feel good to be obedient. Defiantly not so scary.
Thanks for coming to my talk on Sunday and bringing all that food with you even though you don't have a job. It was really nice of you. I really appreciate everything you've done for me, you're so great!!! I'll miss you. :)
Congratulations on the new job. You'll do great. If Tyler and Frank are still at Wells Fargo you'll be making your commission in no time. :) I can't wait to hear more and I LOVED the pictures from VA. WOW.
So, how was your first day of work? I hope it went well! I hope you are feeling well too! Talk to you soon!
I'm sure you'll sell more than you ever expected to! You are smart and talented and will do a great job. I hope things are going well after your first week.
How is the neighborhood? I miss you already and I haven't been gone a week. :(
Post a Comment