CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It costs how much?

The other day in the paper there was an insert saying you can get 3 free bottle of laundry detergent by calling a certain number. So, being unemployeed and a sucker for free product I called. They said that in order to get the detergent I needed to watch a demonstration on a new vacuum. All I had to do was give them my honest feedback. Sure, I could do that.



So Tuesday, they came to deliver my detergent and to give me the demonstration. It took about an hour for them to do the demo. This vacuum is called the Patriot, it was developed for the military. In fact it is the very vacuum the use in the White House! Can you believe that? It recieved its name because they used it to clean the patriot missles.

Anyway, the vacuum was quite impressive and really made me look like I don't clean my house very well. They of course explained why my vacuum isn't very good. I learned all kinds of gross details about the dust, dust mites and air we breathe in our homes. In fact he said if two people sleep in the same bed for 7 years you have accumilated enough dust and dead skin that there is a third person in your bed. GROSS!!!!!

In the process of demostrating the vacuum, I managed to get most of my house cleaned. They vacuumed my living room, the sofa, the loveseat and chair, my return air vent, swept the kitchen with the sweeping attachment, vacuumed my stairs and one of my mattresses. Wow, lots of hard work for them...it was great for me!


At the end of the demonstration they presented the price of the vacuum. WHAT? This vacuum is a small fortune! It is over $3,000 and if I had purchased it that very day I could have save $600 and bought it for $2,700. What a bargain...too bad I was unemployed. That was a great reason because they really couldn't be pushy with me and try to make me purchase it. So, they said well I hope you enjoy your free detergent. I replied, "I will and thanks for cleaning my house today!"

1 comments:

Michelle said...

I wish I'd made an appointment for them to come vacuum my house after we'd moved out. I was sooo tired by the time we were through.