CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Olympic Fever

I don't know what it is exactly about the Olympics...But I am always excited when they are on. I love to watch these amazing athletes perform their respective sport and achieve greatness. I love to see the world records broken. I love it when they achieve the impossible! I love to see the USA on the podium recieveing their medals. I even get sad when I see someone from another country fall off their apparatus or miss their dive.

I had been looking forward to the games beginning for weeks. I don't know if you caught the opening ceremony, HOLY COW it was amazing! The Chinese put on quite the show, yes the spent 100's of billions of dollars to do it, but it was stunning. The performers performed with exactness and precision and left me in Awe. If you didn't see it you can watch this 9 minute video that shows some of the highlights. http://ofwlayf.com/watch-2008-beijing-olympics-opening-ceremony-video-streaming-online-high-resolution-images/
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will find a video. When you see the columns that move up and down in waves and forming pictures, I thought wow that is a sophisticated computer program. At the very end of that part of the show the tops of the columns open up and people jump out...I could not believe the timing that they had to have to perform that number. Then the Tai Chi instructors performed their number and again I was stunned.

My favorite part that I have seen so far was when the mens swimming relay team beat France for the gold medal. France had been talking smack and saying they were going to smash the USA. It was sweet to see the cocky Frenchman have to swallow his words as he was the one to lose the race by .08 seconds.

Go USA!

1 comments:

Warren and Kristen Jones said...

Wow, tons of fireworks. I wonder how much the tickets sold for. Warren said that he watched some olympic volleyball that was amazing.