CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Undercover Agent

As you all know my new job is that of an event planner. We have our first event coming up in July, we are calling it a Leadership Summit. Now, I have not ever planned a convention and I really don't know everything that goes on at a convention. Yes, I have been to several and worked a few...but never participated in every aspect.

So this weekend one of our vendors was able to provide me with a staff badge to get into the Zrii's convention at the Salt Palace. They are another MLM company that sells a juice product. He took me around and showed me their store, meeting rooms, behind the big stage etc. I attended part of their general sessions and was able to take away a few ideas. I did however feel like I was being a spy and didn't want to draw attention to myself.

Saturday morning they had the motivational speaker Anthony Robbins speak. I listened to his 3 hour presentation. It was really quite interesting. He obviously was speaking from the perspective of how to build a successful business in a down economy. But, he did speak on topics that you can apply to your everyday life. I will give you a little summary.

3 mandates of Leadership
1. See it as it is, not worse than it is. (He used the economy and how the media just makes it all gloom and doom. Yes, it is times like these that people make the most money if you take advantage it)
2. See it better than it is. (Leadership is being willing to take risks when no one else is)
3. Make it the way you see it. (Motive does matter...if you hunger after something then you will do anything to see that it does happen)

3 decisions we make every moment of our life
1. What should I FOCUS on? (your focus is what you feel)
2. What does this MEAN?
3. What should you DO?
All of these things will determine the direction of your life and you are making these decisions every minute, usually unconsciously. So if you consciously are aware of these decisions you can turn your life into the direction you want. What we focus on determines our state of being. If we are focused on how hard the economy is and how depressing it is. We will be discouraged, depressed etc. If we instead focus on your family because you have less money to spend on trips or more time to be at home with them. You are going to be happier, which will create more drive at work.

If we find that we are in a state of mind that we do not like. We can change that state by being more positive by changing our focus and that in turn will change our behavior.

0 comments: